Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Mandaguari, Brazil
    Posts
    75
    Total Downloaded
    0

    Custom Icon Problem

    I made my "Metalic Leather" Armor Recolor MOD, but the icons of the armor didn't changed because I removed them from the MOD because they weren't working well... I opened the icons with Adobe Photoshop CS5 because of the DDS format to just recolor them, but when I did and put into the MODs folder, ingame the icons were the same but with a black square around it, also it was weird when I selected them. Any idea how to fix it?
    Thanks to those who answer

  2. #2
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Italy
    Posts
    149
    Total Downloaded
    0

    Re: Custom Icon Problem

    I f you want to modify the icons for alchemist simply modify the itemsicon.dds and .png files in media/UI/itemicons

    If you want to do it for a custom class it is really long and boring (I skipped this passage in my last mod XD)

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Mandaguari, Brazil
    Posts
    75
    Total Downloaded
    0

    Re: Custom Icon Problem

    Quote Originally Posted by Daemon View Post
    I f you want to modify the icons for alchemist simply modify the itemsicon.dds and .png files in media/UI/itemicons

    If you want to do it for a custom class it is really long and boring (I skipped this passage in my last mod XD)
    I guess you didn't understood my question, I eddited the itemicon.dds, but in game, theres a balck square around my custom icons and around the icons from the pages of itemicon.dds that I edited. I wanted to know how do I fix it

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Same as you, at the center of the universe
    Posts
    1,446
    Total Downloaded
    100.48 MB

    Re: Custom Icon Problem

    the black areas around your icons are probably parts which were supposed to be transparent, but maybe your image editing program didn't do that part right.

    You need to use an "eraser" tool on these areas. If your current image editing program doesn't have the tool, check out Paint.NET or GIMP, both opensource and both very capable.
    Torchmodders
    A community and resource hub for Torchlight modders
    Vanilla Legit player list

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Mandaguari, Brazil
    Posts
    75
    Total Downloaded
    0

    Re: Custom Icon Problem

    Quote Originally Posted by Phanjam View Post
    the black areas around your icons are probably parts which were supposed to be transparent, but maybe your image editing program didn't do that part right.

    You need to use an "eraser" tool on these areas. If your current image editing program doesn't have the tool, check out Paint.NET or GIMP, both opensource and both very capable.
    Im using Adobe Photoshop CS5, and when I opened the image the background was already black, so do I have to use the eraser tool to remove all the black background?

  6. #6
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Italy
    Posts
    149
    Total Downloaded
    0

    Re: Custom Icon Problem

    Oh, really sorry I don't know why I didn't read the second part of the post (maybe some problem in my slow connection that didn't load it T_T).

    Phanjam
    Re: Custom Icon Problem

    the black areas around your icons are probably parts which were supposed to be transparent, but maybe your image editing program didn't do that part right.

    You need to use an "eraser" tool on these areas. If your current image editing program doesn't have the tool, check out Paint.NET or GIMP, both opensource and both very capable.
    Yesterday 11:38 PMTardivex
    I prefer (and I'm using) Paint.NET, it's easier to use and more complete with many plugin that you can download.

    Im using Adobe Photoshop CS5, and when I opened the image the background was already black, so do I have to use the eraser tool to remove all the black background?
    Black colour (sometimes also white but I don't think in torchlight is so) is read by the game as no colour so if you put the backgroud black it isn't shown in game.
    If you use other programs you could see it transparent (as in paint.net); it's the same thing but I think it is better if you wanna modify some icon, skin or so on.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Mandaguari, Brazil
    Posts
    75
    Total Downloaded
    0

    Re: Custom Icon Problem

    Quote Originally Posted by Daemon View Post
    Black colour (sometimes also white but I don't think in torchlight is so) is read by the game as no colour so if you put the backgroud black it isn't shown in game.
    My icon.dds file got black background and it's shown in the game, I think im gonna try white then, but there's a thing, the other icon.dds files that I didn't edited had black background too but weren't shown in the game.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •