Looking for an easier way to manage mods? Try ModDrop, our new mod manager.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Total Downloaded

Mods don't work, Runtime Error

Hello

I've got a problem with running any mod. I've got a clean install, updated drivers etc. When I try to add a class, GUI or skin mod the game crashes and throws a runtime error at the moment where that mod would be used (for example, having some vanq mod will crash my game while trying to select vanq in character creation, while having a class mod will crash the game even before the first loading screen). Ogre.log always says that some file cannot be located, a different one for every mod. Any ideas?

Total Downloaded
    320.02 MB

Re: Mods don't work, Runtime Error

First I need to know if you are on a PC or a Mac, because when it comes to class mods those are two different ball games.

Second, if it's failing to load each time you install something, and after you uninstall something, then you might be installing things incorrectly. That could be an error on your end or just confusion on the way the mod was packaged. In general the folder structure should look like this: application data/runic games/torchlight/mods/mod name here/media/

Total Downloaded

Hi

I'm running PC, Windows 7. And that's how I install mods. I've also tried using HotSpot, but it doesn't work too, just like manual install.

Total Downloaded
    320.02 MB

I'm going to stick to replying in this thread, so it doesn't get spread out.

According to the other thread you said you haven't played at all yet? Only installed mods so far? You haven't started playing with a mod and then removed it? Also, what version of Torchlight are you using? Version number and distributor (Runic, Perfect World, Direct2Drive, Steam, etc). I'm going to need more details so I can track down exactly what's going wrong for you.

Total Downloaded

Ok, so here are some details:

I haven't played with any mods yet. I haven't even played at all after doing a fresh install yesterday. After installing every mod I try to start the game to pinpoint what's wrong, but I haven't created a character yet. With respec mod and enhanced dual wielding mod it all seemed to go fine, but I didn't want to start the game just yet, so I stopped at character creation screen (before creating an actual character). With Vanquisher beauty mod game crashed while I tried to change character to Vanquisher. With any class mod the game crashes before it even starts, after running it from my desktop I only see a black screen and then the runtime error.

My version is 1.5 and I've got my copy from a PC gaming magazine called CD-Action, so it's not steam or any other online distribution service.

Oh, and also, it's a Polish language version.

Total Downloaded
    320.02 MB

Ok, since you probably haven't gotten attached to any saves yet, go to your application data/runic games/torchlight/saves folder and delete everything inside. Then try to start the game with your mods installed and tell me what happens.

Total Downloaded

The thing is, this folder is already empty, I haven't even created any saves yet. And it still doesn't work.

Total Downloaded
    320.02 MB

Silly thing, made me double post. Here's a real response:

I have a vague memory that this happened before for something with one of the European language versions. I honestly don't know if there was a solution. I think you might have to get one of the English language versions for stability reasons. In other words, I don't think it is your fault, I think it's just something about how the game was translated.

Total Downloaded

Oh... Is there any way to change the language of the game? If no, I guess my only option would be to download the pirate release of this (well, it wouldn't be stealing, as I own the game, but damn Polish publishers never think to add an option of choosing game language :/), so I would also like to ask, do the mods work with pirate releases?

Total Downloaded
    320.02 MB

Ummm... well the language stuff is mostly in the Pak.zip file, but I'm not sure about the few things that I think are hard coded. I can't really tell you anything about the pirate version because I don't know much about them, but the game does go on sale for like 3 or 5 dollars sometimes, and I would expect it to happen again before TL2 is out, so maybe wait until then? I can't really promote piracy for the game you know

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast