April 15, 2017
Uploaded TL1CP Version 169:
- Adds TL1-styled armors for the starting gear of the Alch, Destro and Vanq.
- Adds TL1-styled armors at tier 1 (approx. level 5) and tier 2 (TL1 "Leather" sets. Approx. level 15). These are implemented in game as Uniques and are class-specific.
The project leader for TL1 armors importation into TL2 is Anarch16sync and the modders who are collaborating with him are Kva3imoda, Vkoslak and Phanjam.
Some Starting Armor Pictures...
The TL1 armors will also be implemeneted as a standalone mod, so those who don't play TL1CP can enjoy them too
Number of DLs just before posting this new mod was somewhere around 6,800.
Last edited by Torchmodders; 04-15-2017 at 09:28 AM.
Excellent! This is exactly what I am looking for!
Hello to all Torchlighters! We're very happy to announce a little contest we cooked up which we hope you guys will like...
It's a contest where we will name some armor items after the winners. But not just any items; we're going to be naming new armors using mesh models imported from the Torchlight 1 game, so these are truly unique!
About the contest:
1. It's a 10-day contest from 12:01 AM UTC of May 5, 2017 until 12:00 PM UTC of May 15, 2017 to "reach the farthest point within the time limit". You can use this world times tool to figure out what those UTC dates/times are for you locally.
2. Contestants must start new characters and must play together in multiplayer games to make their "run" which must be at Veteran difficulty. There should be only 3 players per team; 1 Alchemist, 1 Destroyer and 1 Vanquisher and a player must not be in more than one team joining this contest. Obviously the team will have to play using the TL1CP mod, but only that mod and no other mods.
3. To establish that the team started out all together, teams must submit a full in-game screenshot showing all members around the first quest-giver Destroyer WITH the dialog box of him saying "I think this is as far as I can go...". Mail the screenshot to email@example.com.
4. Full in-game screenshots will likewise be used to establish "farthest point reached" using Bosses beaten as the milestone. Only main-quest Bosses will be considered. So up to Nether Lord only and side-quest Bosses don't count.
5. For each Boss beaten, take a screenshot with all team members in it gathered around the slain Boss. Mail it right away to firstname.lastname@example.org because, in case of teams stopping at the same Boss by the end of the contest, we will use the date/time of our receipt of the email to break any ties like those.
6. The "winners" are the members of the five (5) teams who make it the farthest given the above rules. So that's 15 players who will have at least two (2) Unique items named after each of them.
Need help finding people to play with?
Come on over to the #looking_for_group channel in this Torchlight Discord Server.
Do keep notes about the names of the team members (the names you usually use on Steam or forums.runicgames or wherever your "home" forum is), the in-game names used for your characters and a little description of each character's build, skills learned, main skill used, weapons and tactics of preference, etc. We will ask for this info from the winning teams, because they will help a lot in giving the item names more "flavor".
About the Armors:
The armors we will be naming will span both the TL1CP mod and the stand-alone TL1 Armors Mod. Since we're still porting meshes over for these armors we may not have enough items at the moment, but we'll defintiely have more than enough when all the importation work is done!
All the TL1 armors will be implemented as Unique items in the game, and they will follow the vanilla convention for Uniques. That means 3 versions for every armor piece and, starting at armors in levels 11 onward, 1 unique set version as well. Armors implemented in the TL1CP mod will be class-specific, but for the planned stand-alone Armors mod there won't be any required-class restrictions.
So far in TL1CP we've implemented the so-called Starting Set Unique items and the "Tier 1" (levels 11-20) Unique items. If you're familiar with TL1 you might recognize these as the "Leather set" items
Sample pics of the "Starting Sets"
And of the "Tier1 Sets"
Last edited by Torchmodders; 04-28-2017 at 02:55 AM.
I like this mod very much so far, but I have some questions:
1) Are these classes fairly balanced? I haven't played much yet, but I've noticed that the Vanquisher's charge bar decreases very slowly AND the buff it gives when full seems pretty overpowered to me. I'd like to know how these classes can compare to T2's ones. Can they be said to be approximately on par with them, or are they noticeably stronger?
2) Is it normal that destroyers I select at character creation have random tattoo colors? Some of them seem very strange.
3) Does this mod do something about class-specific items, for example given out as rewards, or do I need something like this?
Other than that, I love what you guys have done.
Edit: I've looked through this mod's files and can't find any alchemist sets. Am I missing something or are alchemist sets not implemented?
Last edited by Taro94; 05-08-2017 at 07:49 AM.
Hi Taro94! Thanks very much for trying out our mod!
a) the starting armors and
b) "tier 1 armors" - same meshes as the starting armors but implemented as Uniques. They should drop starting around level 11 to 20. You can see the wardrobe files for these armors in MEDIA\WARDROBE\_LVLS1_10\ALCHEMIST_01
More armor meshes from TL1 are currently being re-fitted for the TL2 models and will be implemented in this mod (with class restrictions) when ready Although the main intent for those new meshes is to release them as their own mod with no class restrictions. The latter is a project headed by Anarch16sync.
By the way, do please join the Runic Games discord server. It's Runic Games' official chat server for their community
Thanks a lot for extensive answers!
hi everyone! Torchmodders is happy to announce we've released Update 3 of the TL1CP mod (mod version 177).
Will post a summary of changes soon. For now you can also browse the dev thread over at Torchmodders.