Just download the ZIP, extract it, then drag and drop a folder onto the "torch2packer.exe" and it should create you new .PAK and .PAK.MAN files, which you can then drop into "...\Torchlight 2\PAKS" folder.
The game should recognize the new .PAK file and then use whatever is in it, instead of files in the normal DATA.PAK.
You can also you use the command line, just give the name of the folder you want packed, you can also give the name of the PAK file, but if you don't, it just uses the folder name.
- The packer requires a 'MEDIA' folder, so either give it a MEDIA folder or a folder that has a MEDIA folder.
- It will pack almost everything in the folder you give it, so if you give the packer a folder with a many files, it's going to take a long time.
- File types that get packed: .dat, .template, .layout, .mesh, .skeleton, .dds, .png, .ogg, .wav, .material, .raw, .imageset, .ttf, .font, .animation, .hie, .scheme, .looknfeel, .mpp
- Other file types get ignored, because the game wont do anything with them.
Simple Example: Palette swapping beginning engineer's clothes
- Extract DATA.PAK with some other tool.
- Go to "MEDIA\WARDROBE\_LVLS1_10\ENGINEER_01" where you extracted the files, then copy all PNG files somewhere else, for example you desktop.
- Open each PNG in an image editor like Paint.NET, change the Hue of the image and save it.
- Make an empty folder called "MEDIA", and inside that make and empty folder called "WARDROBE", and inside that make and empty folder called "_LVLS1_10", and inside that make and empty folder called "ENGINEER_01".
- Then put the PNG files into the "ENGINEER_01" folder.
- Drag and drop the just created "MEDIA" folder to "torch2packer.exe" and you should have a .PAK file and a .PAK.MAN file in the same folder as the "MEDIA" folder.
- Finally put the new .PAK and .PAK.MAN files into "...\Torchlight 2\PAKS" folder and start the game, in start new game when selecting a class, the engineer should have your palette swapped clothes.
Homepage/Source code: http://bitbucket.org/fgaaghf/torch2packer